Developing sustainable mobility solutions for future generations – we’ll work intensively with you to achieve this goal. To us, e-mobility is the key to a climate-friendly, eco-friendly, resource-conserving and energy-efficient future. Whether you drive a pure electric vehicle or a hybrid, we see e-mobility as a duty for all areas of society. From the outset, we have dedicated ourselves to the challenging aspects of e-mobility development. Here at ASAP, our service portfolio spans the entire development process. Working in tandem with you, we offer universal consultancy services as well as project and process management services, thereby ensuring that each development stage flows seamlessly into the next.
Our e-mobility services
- BEV analysis (HV battery, LE, EM, charging device) at system log level
- Concept development for end-to-end testing of BEV charging
- Development and comparison of powertrain and system concepts
- Dynamic simulations, e.g. in relation to stability, energy consumption, range, heat management and cooling
- Ensuring safety of high-voltage systems
- Geometric integration and creation of digital mock-up concepts
- Requirement management and specification drafting
- Component testing and management for HV components, plus supplier control
- Circuit design for HV power electronics
- Design and construction of electric motors
- Production of e-motor prototypes
- Global quality management and supplier management
- Measurement and characterisation of e-motors – from models to series maturity
- Tests with climatic conditions
- Power electronics measurement
- Life cycle testing of e-components in an accredited test laboratory
- Component, module and system testing
- Insulating, dialectic strength and partial load testing
- Vehicle construction and adaptation
- Installation of specific measurement technology in vehicles
- Mechanical and electrical integration
- Software and hardware updates and commissioning of vehicles and test benches
Tooling workshop for mobility of the future
In addition to retrofitting and converting vehicles, a further challenge to developments in the field of e-mobility is the need for regular hardware and software updates. To capitalise on developments in other sub-areas and have access to state-of-the-art technology at all times, our ASAP specialists integrate new development milestones. This makes it possible to continuously improve vehicles, test new functions and identify the potential impact of individual control units on the overall system.
Verification and validation of power electronics
Thanks to our interdisciplinary network, we possess wide-ranging expertise in the field of e-mobility and the testing and validation of high-voltage power electronics. We know the diagnostic concepts and functions used in power electronics and bring in experience from numerous different projects. In one of these projects, we validate power electronics using comprehensive test automation in HiL and in the vehicle itself. We generate test specifications, specify test scenarios, create test catalogues, and commission and test components and systems before analysing the results.
Virtual testing of an e-motor
How will an e-motor behave in different driving cycles? In an internal ASAP research project, our e-mobility specialists were able to make precise forecasts on the basis of the physical properties of an e-motor. By modelling and connecting individual components, we created a networked simulation and recorded the thermal behaviour of the overall system. We then compared the simulation data with the measurement data from test bench investigations. The special aspect? The modelling processes are highly automated and also use machine learning approaches.
Industrialisation of e-motors
Quality management in the initial phases of development – this is exactly what we offer you, including in the field of e-mobility. When it comes to the industrialisation of e-motors, all issues need to be resolved before production commences. Our services range from project and process management to change management. At the same time, we act as an interface between you and your suppliers and also undertake other duties, such as supplier qualification. We relay your product requirements precisely, monitor the ramp-up to production and perfect product quality and supply volumes in the shortest possible time. We combine technical expertise with project and process management skills and help to create products that function flawlessly, down to the finest detail.
The development and construction of electric powertrain systems, power electronics and different charging and battery storage systems present particular challenges for simulation, testing and validation. In our testing and trialling centre for power electronics and e-motors, we have an array of testing devices at our disposal. What’s more, with some of the world’s most powerful e-motor test benches, we are your development partner for the future of automobiles. Our test benches have been specifically designed for testing high-performance e-motors with demanding applications. Our specialists conduct performance tests, efficiency and slippage range tests, derating trials, power dissipation tests, energy balance tests and functional checks on your behalf. By establishing a second e-motor test centre in Baden-Württemberg, we are further expanding our leading position as an independent service provider in the field of e-mobility testing.
Mobility of the future.
At ASAP, our view has been fixed on future-oriented technologies from the very outset. From alternative drive systems to autonomous driving and connectivity, we’re developing the mobility concepts of tomorrow. Together, we can develop vehicles that react independently to different traffic situations and bring connectivity solutions to series maturity. Find out more about our services and projects in the fields of autonomous driving and connectivity.